facebook

Will MyEclipse3.8 target Eclipse30m8 ?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I ask this as Eclipse30m7 is unbearably slow on Linux.
    Eclipse30m8 has a signoficat performance boost on Linux, so I am eagerly awaiting for MyEclipse to be available for milestone m8.

#205480 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

@johnzoet wrote:

I ask this as Eclipse30m7 is unbearably slow on Linux.
    Eclipse30m8 has a signoficat performance boost on Linux, so I am eagerly awaiting for MyEclipse to be available for milestone m8.

They promised a 3.0m8 compatible service release even for 3.7, so I expect 3.8 will be compatible with at least M8, maybe even M9. Actually, I seem to recall them promising this service release for M8 compatibility to come out next week.

I don’t know when 3.0M9 comes out, but judging from releases so far, the ME guys used to support the latest milestone release if the 3.x version comes out at least two weeks after the milestone release in question, so it may even happen to be 3.0M9 compatible.

#205484 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

We are looking at an M8 port for MyEclipse now. There are more broken API issues and we have to do a full QA turn before we know if the breakage is simply API adjustments or if other issues surface. In the past it has been a combination of the 2 that has been a challenge. So an ETA at best is late next week or shortly thereafter.

#205503 Reply

Ivar Vasara

@robvarga wrote:

I don’t know when 3.0M9 comes out, but judging from releases so far, the ME guys used to support the latest milestone release if the 3.x version comes out at least two weeks after the milestone release in question, so it may even happen to be 3.0M9 compatible.

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/eclipse_project_plan_3_0.html

M9 will be May 9th, and will be the end of the development cycle. “stable build – feature complete – development freeze – lock down and testing begins”..

#205506 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Praise the Lord! I can’t wait for the platform to stop moving. It has been like painting on a moving canvas.

#205515 Reply

Ivar Vasara

@support-michael wrote:

Praise the Lord! I can’t wait for the platform to stop moving. It has been like painting on a moving canvas.

but it’s getting better with each rev, right ?
    (honestly.. as someone who works with the plugin APIs, what do you think of the changes ?)

#205516 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

The platform API changes are by design and result in an improved platform. I was just letting my hair down a little. Each build we rollout diverts development resources and attention away from new feature development.

#205547 Reply

@support-michael wrote:

The platform API changes are by design and result in an improved platform. I was just letting my hair down a little. Each build we rollout diverts development resources and attention away from new feature development.

There were some very serious performance issues with Eclipse30m7 on Linux though.
    There are still some performance issues left, but they may be resolved by an upcoming revamp of StyledText.java

#205548 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I can feel your pain, I use Eclipse under Linux and don’t fancy the responsiveness of the UI (frankly its a joke).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Will MyEclipse3.8 target Eclipse30m8 ?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in