facebook

Windows > Preferences > Workbench Missing

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi

I don’t find the workbench entry under windows > preferences.

I am using –

Eclipse Platform
    Version: 3.1.0
    Build id: 200412162000

With MyEclipse version 3.8.4+QF2-BetaFor3.1
    Build Id: 200502031200-3.8.4+QF2-BetaFor3.1

help please!

Regards
    Ruchir

#225856 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ruchir,
    Let’s check a few things first:
    1) Is that Eclipse 3.1M4 you are using?
    2) Are you *sure* it is the SDK, and NOT the JDT/RCP/Platform installs? (It must be the SDK)
    3) Do you have any exceptions during startup in your log file <workspace dir>\.metadata\.log that may tell us what is going on?

#225859 Reply

Hi Riyad,

I am using Eclipse 3.1M4. I used “eclipse-SDK-3.1M4-win32.zip” to install the same.
    Yes it is the SDK version.

Also i have used “EnterpriseWorkbenchInstaller_030804_3.1Beta.exe” installer to install the myEclipse.

No My <workspace dir>\.metadata\.log has no error and exceptions.

Regards
    Ruchir

#225861 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Shut down MyEclipse, edit the shortcut you use to start it, add the -clean command line argument to the front of the command line (after eclipse.exe) then restart it. Now check Preferences, are they there? If not, go to Help > Software Updates > Manage Config, do you see MyEclipse listed there as an extension? If not, right click > Add > New Extension and point at your MyEclipse directory then restart.

#225995 Reply

I have run eclipse with -clean option. It did not solve the problem. Also the MyEclipse is listed in Help > Software Updates > Manage Config.

Regards
    Ruchir

#226001 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Now check Preferences, are they there?

#226084 Reply

It still does not appear and there are no error logs on the workspace logs.

#226085 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ruchir,
    I am getting very suspicious of your install because all the symptoms you are explaining is a classic “bad installation”, down the to smallest detail… this is usually caused by the person not actually using the SDK of Eclipse, but as you mentioned, you ARE using it.

I would encourage you to downgrade to Eclipse 3.0.1 and MyEclipse 3.8.4 STABLE for the time being, this is the supported and stable platform that will work best for you.

#226196 Reply

Hi Riyad,

My installation was neither bad nor corrupt. I did as you hade suggested and installed the previous more stable version.

FYI
    To my surprise as it came the “Workbench” has been renamed as “General” in the new beta release. I guess you may not be aware of the same. I compared the features in the preferences and they are same.

So my installation is working fine.

Regards
    Ruchir

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Windows > Preferences > Workbench Missing

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in