facebook

Worked with non-standard directory structure

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

wagles

Have started work on a large/old J2EE project with a non-standard directory structure.

Is there a way for me start developing/deploying using MyEclipse?

In a simplified way, the project directory structure is as follows :

theproj/
    theproj/src/
    theproj/src/META-INF
    theproj/web/
    theproj/web/jspfolder1
    theproj/web/jspfolder2
    theproj/web/WEB-INF
    theproj/application.xml
    webapp2/
    webapp3/

So this directory structure contains:
    1. One web application under the theproj/web/ folder. The web application has no java source code, contains only JSPs. It uses EJBs in the jsp pages.
    2. theproj/src/contains several EJBs and the theproj/src/META-INF contains the ejb-jar.xml etc. All EJBs are bundled in a jar file.
    3. The application.xml for the EAR is also right there under ‘theproj’ folder.
    4. The webapp2 and webapp3 are in standard form and part of the overall EAR file that uses this application.xml and use the EJBs mentioned previously.

Can someone help me with using MyEclipse to work with this directory structure?

#265737 Reply

Riyad Kalla

hmm… this won’t work nicely, but just as a brain storm I gave some ideas below:

You could try the following:

1) EJB Project : /theproj/src
    2) Web Project #1: /theproject/web (Make the Web Root folder “/” so it uses the project root as the web root) and don’t setup a source dir.
    3) Web Project #2: /webapp2
    4) Web Project #3: /webapp3 (not sure for #2 or #3 if you need to use web root as the project root bceause I don’t know what they look like)
    5) EAR Project (no idea how to set this up with the above layout)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Worked with non-standard directory structure

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in