facebook

Working with Hibernate 3.0 in MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

namita22

Hi All,
    I have to start working on a Web Application and want to use Struts with Hibernate 3.0

Currently, when I add Hibernate capabilites to my application, MyEclipse 3.8 adds Hibernate 2.0 by default. I would like to know how can I configure MyEclipse to add Hibernate capabilities for Hibernate version 3.0.

Thanks much:
    Namita

#231361 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Namita,

Hibernate 3.0 support is only available in MyEclipse 4.0, which is currently a developmental milestone release which is in the Downloads section under ‘Development Releases’. To try it out, please use a fresh install of Eclipse 3.0.2, not one that is already associated with 3.8.4, to avoid any conflict or confustion. For production use, we still recommend 3.8.4, since 4.0 is still in development. However, we would encourage you to give it a try and provide feedback to us in the “All 4.0 Milestone Questions” forum.

Also, in the next day or two, we’ll have a new milestone available, 4.0M2, that will contain several bug fixes and many new features over the 4.0M1 release. If you don’t want to wait, you can give M1 a try now and then use the update site (once M2 is available) to update your installation.

#231400 Reply

namita22

When is MyEclipse 4.0 likely to be released ?? Will it be a free upgrade for MyEclipse 3.8 license holders ?

#231476 Reply

Greg

The MyEclipse 4.0 Milestone 2 was just released. See http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-7688.html

Will it be a free upgrade for MyEclipse 3.8 license holders ?

Absolutely. That is exactly what a MyEclipse subscription gives you: unlimited access to all MyEclipse products, releases, and updates for the duration of your subscription period.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Working with Hibernate 3.0 in MyEclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in