facebook

Wrapping long parameter lists

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’m using the latest MyEclipse (Version: 5.1.0 GA), and doing some modelling of existing classes using the UML perspective.

I’m quite pleased with it so far, but is there a way to make it wrap long parameter lists?

Due to a constructor with 12 arguments, I’m ending up with a diagram that is a mile wide!

Yes, I know having that many arguments isn’t ideal, but I’m modelling an existing system.

#263019 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I’m quite pleased with it so far, but is there a way to make it wrap long parameter lists?

Due to a constructor with 12 arguments, I’m ending up with a diagram that is a mile wide!

Yes, I know having that many arguments isn’t ideal, but I’m modelling an existing system.

We are glad it’s working for you well.

Unfortunately I don’t have a way for you to wrap lines… I suppose you could zoom out and pretend the box isn’t so big, but I realize that’s not quite the same 😉

#263297 Reply

I suppose you could zoom out and pretend the box isn’t so big, but I realize that’s not quite the same 😉

Doesn’t quite work when you print it out… I can just about read the method names on A3 as it is…

Is the source for the UML bit available? I could have a poke around myself for a laugh…
    (I’ve used Eclipse for a while now, but I’m new to MyEclipse as I’ve just started a new job, so I don’t know if all its bits are open source)

#263299 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Actually because MyEclipse is a commercial product we don’t offer source code to our product. I will see if there is something we could do on our end to improve this though.

#271397 Reply

pierre.henry

Hello,

I am using the last version of MyEclipse (5.1.1 GA) and I have exactly the same problem. I am just trying to generate some UML diagrams to make some documentation, but some methods (search methods on some DAO’s and constructors) have a lot of parameters and I end up with very big boxes who are 98% empty. It is just not usable.

So has any progress been made in order to wrap long lists of parameters ?

Thanks,

Pierre

#271405 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Pierre,
    Not at this time unfortunately. Management hasn’t prioritized this work. I’ll add your comments to the request though.

DO you have a screenshot handy you could send me as an example? (You can use the PM button below to send it directly to me as an attachment)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Wrapping long parameter lists

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in