facebook

WYSIWYG html editor stops allowing text deletion

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

mxnmatch

When I’m typing in the WYSIWYG html editor, it regularly stops allowing deletion of text until I click the “Source” tab and then click the “Design” tab again.

I can’t cause it to happen every single time, but most of the time I can cause it to happen by editing some html then using alt-tab to switch to a different window, and then switch back to eclipse again. At that point I can continue to type, but typing delete does not work. Neither does backspace. Neither does highlighting some text and then hitting delete.

I’m using Win2k server, Eclipse 3.1.0, and MyEclipseIDE 3.8.4.

Yes, I know that it’s considered beta on eclipse 3.1, but perhaps others have had this problem in 3.0? I haven’t tried it there yet.

#224830 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Are you using JDK 5.0 to run Eclipse by chance? I’ve seen a couple reports of ‘delete key stops wokring’ and ‘typing backwards’ issues when using JDK 5.0 to run Eclipse 3.0, I wonder if this problem is still occuring in Eclipse 3.1…

#224837 Reply

mxnmatch

Yep. I’m using JDK5 with Eclipse 3.1.

#224848 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Try using JDK 1.4.2 and see what happens, if the problem goes away.

#224866 Reply

All, I am having this same problem in the SQL editor. It sees as thoguh any text editor is corrupted in 3.8.4.

#224883 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys we are looking into this, but please keep in mind that you are using a BETA product ontop of a BETA platform with an UNCERTIFIED JRE, bugs are inevitable and it could be something as subtle as your locale.

#224947 Reply

Actually Riyad, I have having this problem on Eclise 3.0.1 so it is not the BETA version. I am trying re-isntalling my eclipse installation from scratch to see if that helps.

#224983 Reply

I was able to resolve my issue, by removing MyEclipse and starting over. I had updated mine via the update site initially. For some reason this caused this to occur. So essentially starting over worked for me.

#224992 Reply

Riyad Kalla

difranr,
    If you ever run into this problem again, before you go with a fresh setup, try restarting MyEclipse with the -clean command line argument and see if that fixes the problem.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: WYSIWYG html editor stops allowing text deletion

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in