facebook

XDoclet Auto-Complete

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

thecrazylab

Seem both 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 can’t generate xdoclet tag using Auto-Complete function, i don’t know if it is only a problem for me but when i create new method “public abstract String getId();” in a new CMP Ejb and i try to specify the xdoclet tag like “@ejb.interface-method” with Auto-Complete function no code is pasted in the source 🙁 Please let me know if this problem is a bug or a error by me tnx 😉

#239477 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The XDoclet autocomplete is context-sensative, for example certain autocomplete is only available to classes that extend certain EJB interfaces and other things of that nature. Should your class extend or implement anuything from the EJB package?

#239498 Reply

thecrazylab

try this:
    1)create new ejb project
    2)add “Standard Ejb” in MyEclipse-XDoclet Configuration
    3)create a new CMP 2.x Entity Bean
    4) before the end of the class add a new method “public abstract String getId();”
    5) press shift+alt+j to add comment
    6) inside the comment tag write “@ejb.i” and try to press ctrl+space to get the Auto-Complete list of tag, you will see that the list is empity instead to list tag like “@ejb.interface-method”
    7)now delete the last “i” from “@ejb.i” and press ctrl+space to have the Auto-Complete list, list show all the tags now, “@ejb.interface-method” too
    8)double click on “@ejb.interface-method” in the list and you will see that the tag is not pasted into the code

i have tested this procedure using Eclipse 3.1 with MyEclipse 4.0 and it works, instead it has problem using Eclipse 3.1.1 with MyEclipse 4.0.1/4.0.2

please let me know if you can reproduce this, tnx!

#239531 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I was able to reproduce this quickly with your steps, thank you. I will file it right away as bug.

#239551 Reply

thecrazylab

do you think it will be fixed soon or i have to wait a little bit for the next release?

#239553 Reply

Riyad Kalla

We are looking into it for the 4.1 release.

#239723 Reply

thecrazylab

i want just to add an info: i have tested MyEclipse 4.0.2 with Eclipse 3.1 and Auto-Complete works good on xdoclet so i think the problem is only using Eclipse 3.1.1, bye 😉

#240557 Reply

Greg

Indeed there is a problem with XDoclet code assist when using Eclipse 3.1.1. Looks like the Eclipse guys changed how the content assist is validated. We will have a fix for this in our upcoming 4.1M1 release.

#240721 Reply

Hi all,

I have the SAME problem with eclipse 3.1.1 and MyEclipse 4.0.3.

When I select the an item on the completion list, it does not paste into my source code.

Need help.

Stefano

#240738 Reply

Greg

Sorry guys for this inconvenience. We didn’t expect our XDoclet autocomplete to break when upgrading from Eclipse 3.1.0 to 3.1.1. But we do have a fix for this upcoming in our MyEclipse 4.1M1. We are in the QA phase for the release now, so it should be out soon.

#240972 Reply

Greg,
    When do you suspect 4.1 to be released? The roadmap indicates Decemeber 05..

#240980 Reply

Riyad Kalla

December is still the expected date, M1 of 4.1 should be out soon (if it isn’t already).

#243833 Reply

mlu27768

Still not fixed, I just upgraded to 4.1M2 on 3.11.
    To repro:
    Typed @ ctrl+space, the list showed up and selected ejb by highlight+enter.
    Typed . ctrl+space, the list showed up and selected persistence by highlight+enter, nothing inserted.
    It works with attributes though, say you have @ejb.interface-method v ctrl+space will get you the view, however when using ctrl+space to select value for the view, the list showed up but nothing inserted when highlight+enter local

#243835 Reply

Greg

Did you restart with a “-clean” argument? I just tested it on 4.1M2 and it works as expected.

#243843 Reply

mlu27768

Yes, I did. Is there anything I can validate against so I can be sure the -clean actually kicked in?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
Reply To: XDoclet Auto-Complete

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in