facebook

Xdoclet compilation problem

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gerrit Cap

Hi,

I was using the bet2 build for eclipse 3.0 in trial version (first usage of the product seems to be a great product btw), and I encountered a problem when creating an ejb session bean in the “default” aka empty package.

After the xdoclet error I got a proper home interface except that the home interface containd an erraneous “package ;” statement and the create method had as return type .Session1 (Session1 was the name of the session bean class)

The session bean interface itself was empty but thsi may be due to incorrect xdoclet specs (again this was my first attempt of using the tool).

#211773 Reply

Riyad Kalla

… then try and put the EJB in a package, you know God will strike you down for not putting things in packages anyway, it’s true, he told me 🙂

#211777 Reply

Greg

If you are using the “Standard EJB” configuration in the MyEclipse-XDoclet properties, you need to make sure that the package that has your source session bean has a suffix of .ejb. This is because the default package substitution in the “Standard EJB” configuration substitutes “.ejb” for “.interfaces”. Take a look at this topic at my post for more information.

http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-2591.html

#211788 Reply

Gerrit Cap

That really makes sense. Anyway normally I put things in packages as one should but as a quick test of the tool I didn’t bother to do so.

Ps: is it God who will strike me down or Gossling ?

#211813 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Moving to support…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Xdoclet compilation problem

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in