facebook

XML and log4j problem

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sonofseven

Before I started to use myeclipse I had log4j.xml file in the src folder of my plugin project and used XMLBuddy to edit it. After migration I disabled the XMLBuddy plugin and noted that my project has a problem with log4j.xml file.
    The line was:
    <!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration SYSTEM “log4j.dtd”>

It was saying that the log4j.dtd could not be found in the src folder.

To fixed it I had to change the header to:
    <!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration PUBLIC
    “-//log4j/log4j Configuration//EN”
    “log4j.dtd”>

Is this a bug or just me whod does not understand how the xml file should look like?

regards,
    rp

#234223 Reply

Riyad Kalla

rp,
    I’m not an expert on XML, but I believe your previous header:

<!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration SYSTEM “log4j.dtd”>

Was saying “this DTD lives on my system” and by not specifying a path, it looks in the same dir as the xml file being parsed.

Now this way:

<!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration PUBLIC “-//log4j/log4j Configuration//EN” “log4j.dtd”>

I believe says “Use this public ID key to lookup this DTD from a catalog if possible”, and I double checked the MyEclipse XML default Catalog, and we don’t include an entry for Log4J… did you ever enter that entry yourself under the User entries section? Or does the DTD actually live in the same dir as the XML file? I’m not sure why it resolves now if “no” to both above.

Normally the DTD part of the file is a resolvable path, like:
    http://jakarta.apache.org/dtds/log4j.dtd&#8221;

#234256 Reply

sonofseven

I think that the log4j.xml was created by one of plugins that I used to use (not any more, so can’t remember which one). Any way it was fine with XMLBuddy, so it should be fine with MyEclipse XML editor, and the DTD was not in the same path as the XML file.

Yes, you are right that the PUBLIS header should point to web address, but it works any way 😀

/rp

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: XML and log4j problem

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in