facebook

XML Schema Validation

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Services
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

dbueche

I have read on various sites that XML files (presumably including *.XSD & *.WSDL files) are automatically validated when they are saved, and even that problems should be displayed as the files are edited, similar to how Eclipse shows problems in red as a Java file is edited.

However, MyEclipse does not display any of my *.XSD schema errors (not even errors deliberately inserted to test validation).

Is there an option I must set to enable XML/XSD/WSDL validation?

Thanks,
    -David

#268410 Reply

Russ

dbueche:

YES! You can turn on the validation via the following steps:

Windows->Preferences->MyEclipse->Validation. You should see a list of validators for your use in your projects. Making changes here will be applied to ALL your projects within your workspace. If you want to apply validation to a specific project you can do the following:
    Right click on specific project, select properties. Expand MyEclipse and select Validation. Here you want to override the workspace settings and appliy your specific validators for this project.

I hope that helps you get underway quickier.

Cheers,

Russ

#268414 Reply

Riyad Kalla

David,
    In addition to what Russ said, make sure you are opening the XSD files with the MyEclipse editors. Right click on them and go to Open With and just make sure you have a MyEclipse editor selected.

#268428 Reply

dbueche

Indeed, this is what I have been doing, but not errors are ever shown, no matter how obvious. It looks as it the validator is not being run at all when I select MyEclipse | Run Validation.

All of the validations are enabled, and I am opening the schema in the XSD editor.

Any ideas what might be going wrong?

#268429 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you go to MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details, and paste the results here for me?

Also is the validator enabled as Russ mentioned and are you making sure not to override the workspace settings in your project and accidentally turn it off?

#271992 Reply

I am facing the same problem with respect to XSD validation. I have three different versions of myeclipse, 3.1, 5.1.0 and 5.5.1.
    While XSD support is working in 3.1, it is not working in 5.1.0 and 5.5.1. I have made sure that all validators are turned on and I have the default project preferences. While the XML file validation works, I can not get the XSD validation working. Please look into this and identify this as a bug to be fixed in future releases.

Also, I always liked the previous versions support for graphical notation of XSDs, where I can navigate the nodes and see a clear tree of nodes. While the newer versions seem to give a new navigation look and feel, I am not sure if it is as good as the previous one. May be you can go back and look to see if you can support both versions of it.

#272082 Reply

dbueche

Ryad,

Sorry so tardy. Here is the listing generated from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details:

*** Date:
    Tuesday, June 26, 2007 12:22:24 PM CDT

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1
    Java version=1.5.0_11

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 5.1.0 GA
    Build id: 20061111-5.1.0-GA

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 5.1.0 GA
    Build id: 20061111-5.1.0-GA

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.2.1.r321_v20060921-b_XVA-INSQSyMtx
    Build id: M20060921-0945

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.2.1.r321_v20060801-2ekW2BxmcpPUOoq

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.2.1.r321_v20060905-R4CM1Znkvre9wC-

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Version: 3.2.1.r321_v20060823-6vYLLdQ3Nk8DrFG

Eclipse Project SDK

Version: 3.2.1.r321_v20060801-tQ1w49KnTArT0FZ

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework

Version: 3.2.1.v20060921
    Build id: 20060921-1617

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -launcher
    C:\eclipse\eclipse.exe
    -name
    Eclipse
    -showsplash
    -exitdata
    524_7c
    -product
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide
    -vm
    C:\jdk1.5.0_11\bin\javaw.exe

#272239 Reply

Vorsorge

I’ve got the same problem (no schema validation) and some additional information:

The GolfCountryClub example works quite well. Eclipse validates automaticlly.

But with xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation set it doesn’t. Here the beginning of my xml-File: (nothing to do with WebServices):

<Antrag xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation=”N:/Projekte/GS/Workspaces/MEH/workspace/XML_ASST/ASST/VorsorgeSchema.xsd”>

The path is valid.

Martin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: XML Schema Validation

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in